Your piano is an expensive and delicate piece of furniture. It may represent a prized heirloom with sentimental value, a special hobby you take pride in, or the way you make your living. No doubt moving, it requires attention to detail and a level of skill that most average citizens don’t possess. Suffice it to say that moving a piano isn’t an easy task, and if you are preparing to move it from one home to another, it’s best to let a professional handle it for several reasons. Your moving company must possess the skills and the equipment to make sure that your piano move goes off without a hitch and is as seamless as possible. At Veteran Moving Company, we consider ourselves to be the leading piano movers in Pompano Beach and beyond. We will move your piano and all of your furniture with the utmost care, expertise and professionalism. Your piano will always arrive safely when transported by our team of expert movers.
How does a professional piano mover transport your piano?
- They plan ahead:
- Measure the piano and doorways in both the existing and new location, making sure all doors are open or taken off the jambs if extra room is needed.
- Protect floors at all locations.
- Make sure the path you’ll use to move the piano through is clear of obstructions.
- Make sure children and pets are safely out of the way.
- They wear the right protective gear:
- A piano is quite heavy. Your mover will most likely need to wear gloves, closed shoes, and maybe even a belt for added support.
- They gather the right moving supplies:
- Moving blankets or pads are vital to protecting your hundreds of pounds piano from receiving dents from walls or floors and protecting its finish.
- A skid or dolly is essential to transport the piano to the truck and prevent any damage to your flooring.
- Packing tape to secure all pads and blankets.
- Straps to lift and lower the piano.
- They take pains to wrap everything and not rush:
- Carefully remove all external pieces on the piano, making sure to wrap and pad them well.
- Wrap pedals with plastic wrap and secure with tape.
- Wrap all sides of the piano with blankets or pads and secure with tape.
- Using two movers standing on both sides, lift the piano onto the dolly using lifting straps.
- Carefully roll the piano onto the truck.
- Use straps to tie down the piano in the truck securely.
Ready to get started?
At Veteran Moving Company, we specialize in moving every piano from Baby Grand to Upright to Concert Grand and more. We are experts in residential, commercial, and long-distance moves. You can be sure that we will take exceptional care with your piano ensuring its safety at every turn. We take pride in the fact that we are the best at what we do. We will go out of our way to get the job done expertly and professionally, and on time every time. That’s why we are considered the top-rated, most affordable mover in Pompano Beach, serving all of Broward and Palm Beach Counties. Call us today for a free moving estimate at (561) 264-4694.